Mar 20, 2020
Appended are notices from field trial club officials regarding cancellation of their trials owing to the threat of the coronavirus:
The coronavirus has adversely affected the Northeast field trial community. The following clubs/associations have cancelled trials for the spring season: Ontario Grouse Championship; Pennsylvania Field Trial Club; Venango Grouse Trial Club; Nittany Valley Field Trial Club; Grand National Grouse and Woodcock Invitational Championship; Grand National Grouse and Woodcock Puppy Classic; Greensburg Club; Beaver Valley Pointer and Setter Club; Black Ash Field Trial Club.
The governor has mandated that all non-essential businesses (all casinos, for example) in the State of Nevada be closed for thirty days, after which the current coronavirus crisis will be evaluated. Given this scenario, the Western Open Championships and the Pacific Coast Derby Championship are cancelled for 2020.
Regarding field trials in Michigan, specifically at the Ionia grounds, all trials are cancelled for at least two weeks in Michigan. As of now the Michigan Open Shooting Dog Championship has not yet been cancelled. The Brittany and Farmer’s Club events are cancelled for the next three weeks. The state sympathizes with our plight and will do everything they can to accommodate us if possible. We will know more by April 4.
New Hudson, Mich.
The ad for the American Brittany Chukar Championships appeared on the front cover of the March 21 issue.
Regrettably, because of the coronavirus crisis, the trials have been cancelled.
San Bernadino, Cal.
The National Amateur Woodcock and the National Amateur Chukar Shooting Dog and All-Age Championships have been cancelled. None of these stakes are rescheduled for the spring field trial season.
Piper Huffman, Secy.
Amateur FTC of America
Michigan City, Miss.
The State of Ohio has closed the Tri-Valley Wildlife Area near Dresden, Ohio due to the coronavirus outbreak. The German Shorthaired Pointer Club of Ohio and NGSPA of Ohio have been forced to cancel both April trials since alternative grounds cannot be located.
We were recently informed that our trial and Nebraska Brittany Championships that were to be held on April 10-16 have been cancelled due to fears of the coronavirus. They were scheduled to be held on public game and parks grounds.
I regret to report that due to fears over the coronavirus and concerns with participants traveling our NVA Western Shooting Dog Championship and companion All-Age Classic as well as the Mortensen Derby Classic scheduled for April 9 have been cancelled or at least postponed until fall. Hopefully this virus scare will be over by this fall and we can reschedule. If not we will surely be able to resume next spring.
Nat’l Vizsla Association
Due to the CDC recommendations, landowners’ request, and state agency regulations the NBHA has cancelled three of its major championships — the Western Regional scheduled to start March 20 in Oklahoma; NBHA Open Free-For-All scheduled for March 24 and the Midwest Regional scheduled for March 27 in Missouri. All are cancelled. For the health and well-being of our
participants, the NBHA thanks you for your patience and support.
In response to recommendations, and mandates made by the local, state, and federal medical experts and authorities about the Covid-19 coronavirus, the Chickahominy Field Trial Association has cancelled our spring U. S. Complete field trial scheduled for April 11 at Slate River Farm in Dilwyn, Va. We hope that you stay well until this passes and look forward to seeing everyone in the fall!
With the threat of the Covid19 virus, the Oregon Brittany Club is cancelling the Western Brittany Shooting Dog Championship, their regular weekend field trial and the 2020 American Brittany Club Western Futurity.
Leslee Masolotte, Chrm.
American Brittany Club Futurity
The Dallas Pointer and Setter Club has cancelled its April trial due to the coronavirus pandemic. For those looking to the social activities, Mike Parnell will prepare his famous fish fry at the Region 7 annual meeting.
Due to the potential health risk from the coronavirus, the Virginia Amateur field trial has been cancelled and will be rescheduled.
Central Wisconsin Vizsla Club trial scheduled for April 10-12 has been canceled due to Covid-19.