Grand National Grouse and Woodcock Invitational Championship Judges April 16th 2024
Bob Wheelock of Thompsonville, Michigan and Ben McKean of Minnetrista, Minnesota have graciously accepted to sit in the the judicial saddles. Both are outstanding sportsman and famed Lake States outdoorsmen, with years of pointing dog and field trial experience.
The Invitational will take place in Gladwin Michigan, hosted by the Beaverton Grouse Dog Club. The drawing will take place on April 16th 2024, with the running on April 17,18, and 19th.
The Grand National Grouse and Woodcock Invitational Championship Points Ranking
The Grand National Grouse and Woodcock Invitational Championship for the 2023 points season will take place on The Gladwin Field Trial grounds in Gladwin Michigan. The trial will be hosted by The Beaverton Grouse Dog Club. The drawing date will be Tuesday April 16, 2024, and the trial will start on Wednesday the 17th, running through Thursday and Friday the 18th and 19th.
The following 20 dogs are ranked in order of their total reported points, highest first. The Invitational is a 14-dog field, and invitations will be sent out in January to the first 14, sending out additional invitations if any decline.
A huge congratulations to the dogs, the owners, and the handlers……
Secretary, Joe Cammisa
Dogs, Owners, Handlers
1. Guaranteed Chasehill Poison Ivy Allen Raiano John Stolgitis
2. Guaranteed BK Rollin Dice Bill Seimer Bruce Minard
3. Guaranteed Ralphy’s Chasehill Rip Brian Ralph John Stolgitis
4. 1008 Dunrovens Soozee Chris Yeager Rich Hollister
5. 984 Over The Hill Merry Rod Lein Rod Lein
6. 927 Cairds Cracklin Rosie Bob Little Bob Little
7. 768 Bundys Buckeye Molly Chris Sellers Zach Erne
8. 756 Shady Hills Whiskey Scott Forman Scott Forman
9. 752 Boomer of Blackwater Cole Cullins Mike Flewelling/John Stolgitis
10. 736 Grouse Ridge Mags Bill Ballin Scott Forman
11. 728 Sunkhaze Viera Masardis Mike Flewelling Mike Flewelling
12. 720 Meridith Grade Corkey Dennis Keysor Tammy Chaffee
13. 692 Moss Meadow seeker Ken Moss Ken Moss
14. 612 Blue Ribbon Harper Marty Festa Robert Ecker
15. 595 Back Creek Lucy Steve Graham Rich Holister
16. 512 Full Breeze Dick Brenneman Dave Hughes
17. 496 Duck Hook Mike Flewelling Mike Flewelling
18. 448 Coal Camps Annie Jim Humphrey Adam Thomas
19. 432 Tupelo Honey Bob Wheelock Bob Wheelock
20. 416 Dunrovens Midnight Ike Dr. Peter Millett Robert Ecker
32nd Grand National Grouse and Woodcock Invitational Championship Winners
Congratulations to The winner CH. Chasehill Poison Ivy, Owner Allen Raiano, Handler John Stolgitis and Runner-up Champion CH. Bk’s Rolling Dice, Owner Bill Siemer, Handler Bruce Minard.
It was an exciting 3 days and both winners pushed the peddle to the limits, running hard, pointing grouse and woodcock, all the while turning to the voices of their handlers. They bested a field of fourteen of the top grouse dogs in the country. You should have been there, the galleries were huge and the conditions varied from day to day.
Thank you to all who toiled to make this a great and successful Invitational and thank you to the dogs, owners and handlers that worked so hard keeping things moving in the right direction.
Thank you to Greg Blair and Purina, Garmin and to Lion Country Supply, all people who believe in us and keep this dream alive……
32 Annual Grouse and Woodcock Championship Running Order
32nd running of the Grand National Grouse and Woodcock Invitational Championship